Where and How to Buy
- How do I find a local dealer?
- What if there are no dealers in my area?
- There is a local dealer here but they don't stock what I want, how can I get what I need?
- Can I substitute items on your belt packages?
- Can I buy individual items?
- Do you sell seconds or re-conditioned bags?
- I'm interested in a certain bag set. Can you quote me a price for it?
- How do I figure out my belt size?
- How do I attach the 1546, 5055 or the 5009 suspenders to a tool belt?
- I want to modify my current leather 5009 suspenders so they are just like your Stronghold suspenders. Can I just buy the padded Cordura® yoke?
- Do you make custom bags?
- What do you mean by "Hand Specific" design?
- I'm left-handed and nothing seems to work for me. Can you help?
- What's the difference between your Cordura® and all leather bags? Which wears better?
- What products are recommend to condition leather bags?
- I have to do full service carpentry from framing to trim. What models work the best for all types of applications?
- What are the main differences between your Trimmer bags and your Framer bags?
- You used to sell directly to the public. Why don't you anymore?
- Can I purchase spare parts from you?
- What is your warranty?
- How do I obtain warranty service?
- How do I get my bags repaired?
- How can I submit ideas regarding new designs and / or suggested modifications?
- Are your products made in the USA?
Where and How to BuyHow do I find a local dealer?
- Please visit the Find A Dealer section of our site.
- Please call customer care at (707) 824-2560 and ask for assistance.
- Call our customer care line at (707) 824-2560 for assistance.
- Provide us with the name and phone number of the supplier with whom you currently do business. It may be possible to arrange to have the products you desire shipped to them.
- Visit our Where To Buy page, there are many quality dealers who sell online.
If you need any further assistance, please call customer care at (707) 824-2560 and we will be happy to help facilitate your order process with the supplier of your choice.
We realize that many individuals may prefer to build their own "sets" or "systems" from our broad selection of individual components. If you wish to purchase a tool system package and want a different style hammer holder, bag, belt, etc., then you will have to order the additional item separately.
How do I figure out my belt size?
To size your tool belt, place your existing tool belt on an even surface and measure it from the end of the buckle to the most commonly used hole. Select the belt size (by mid range) that is closest to your measurement.
If you do not have a current tool belt to measure, you can get an approximate mid range measurement by adding 4" to your pant waist size.
|Small||34"||(29" to 32")|
|Medium||37"||(33" to 35")|
|Large||41"||(36" to 39")|
|X-Large||45"||(40" to 44")|
|XX-Large||49"||(45" to 49")|
|XXX-Large||53"||(50" to 54")|
To attach the suspenders to your belt, slide the loops onto your belt, with the D rings facing up. Then clip the suspenders to the D rings with the open end of the clip facing away from your body.
Included in this package are directions and hardware (copper rivets, "D" rings, clips, and leather straps).
Method 1: The leather straps may be made into 3" loops that slide onto your tool belt. The "D" ring will be on top so that you can clip on your suspenders.
Method 2: The clip and "D" hardware may be permanently attached to your existing tool belt using the copper rivets.
You May choose either method to suit your needs.
The tool bag holds the tools most often accessed with the right hand (hammer, pencils, retractable knife, etc.) and is worn of the right side of the body.
The fastener bag holds the tools and fasteners most often used with the left hand (nail sets, driver bits, angle square, etc.) and is worn of the left side of the body.
Separate product codes are listed for the left-hand models available. These codes use the suffix " LH ". EXAMPLE: 5089LH
Visit our left handed products pages.
Cordura® does has an advantage in its lighter weight. Yet, no fabric, regardless of how tough it is will ever perform like leather. Leather forms not only to your body and tools, it "remembers" your work habits and becomes a part of how you move and work. Leather tool systems wear in (not out) and become more comfortable and functional over time. Also lets face it, nothing feels like leather.
For occasional cleaning purposes (about once a year), we recommend using a leather cleaner, saddle soap, or warm soap and water. You should follow this with a light application of a non-oil based leather conditioner or a light coating of petroleum jelly. (Some oils and oil based conditioners may decompose threads and shorten the life of the leather)
Remember to always wash mud, concrete, etc. from leather surfaces with a damp cloth before it drys and draws out the natural oils in the leather.
Company QuestionsYou used to sell directly to the public. Why don't you anymore?
We welcome your questions regarding our products and will be happy to facilitate a sale with a supplier of your choice.
We do offer a lifetime repair (stitch & rivet) service on all of our leather products as a service to our customers. Call customer care for details.
You can also visit our Warranty and Repair page.